Sunday, March 10, 2013

You're worth comes from Christ Alone.

Today I saw something that really upset and disappointed me. An old friend of mine (younger than me), posted a pic of herself on instagram. In this picture, she posed in a specific way to show her cleavage. What really upset me is that her mind has been poisoned with the belief that you are only as pretty or important as to how much skin you show. Or how sexy you dress. THAT IS SO NOT TRUE! I absolutely love that song by Brit Nicole that says you are worth more than gold. We live in a world that says “character is secondary. The short, fleeting pleasure of the moment is what we must pursue". There is a reason our Lord died on the Cross. He died for our sins. For our worth. Without Him, we are worth nothing. With Him, we are worth more than gold. Ladies, when we post such pictures, we send a message to the men of the world, that we are worth nothing. That our precious gift of virginity to be given on our wedding night is of no value to us. I pray that no one truly believes that. I had a friend of mine say she planned on not waiting. That it was no big deal. How can you say that?? It is a big deal! It is the joining of two people. An inseparable bond before God. Almost as powerful as the covenant of marriage.  The same goes for you men. Treat women with the respect you would give a queen. Model yourselves by being strong leaders and lead us in the way of Christ.
      Our worth comes from the one who gave his life for us. His blood was poured out upon the Cross for all our sins. Even if we make mistakes, God is there for us. Ever ready to redeem us and make us white as snow. His love is never ending.
   “ 6 Surely You desire integrity in the inner self,
and You teach me wisdom deep within.
7 Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones You have crushed rejoice.
9 Turn Your face away from my sins
and blot out all my guilt.
10 God, create a clean heart for me
and renew a steadfast  spirit within me.
11 Do not banish me from Your presence
or take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore the joy of Your salvation to me,
and give me a willing spirit.
13 Then I will teach the rebellious Your ways,
and sinners will return to You." ( psalm 51:6-13)
Let this be our prayer this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment